|Job Detail||Sign In|
Technology SIS Specialist: District Office
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must demonstrate an acceptable level of maturity, good judgment, and emotional stability.
· Must have academic software knowledge and experience (LMS, Content Management, etc.) and have advanced reporting skills.
· Must have strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English at a level required for successful job performance.
· Must have excellent customer service and communication skills and the ability to work with people of various backgrounds, with all levels of technical knowledge.
· Must have working knowledge of databases / database structures; experience accessing, exporting, and reporting data using SQL is highly recommended.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of the school district.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out essential duties of this position.
· Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems involving concrete variables situations.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to participate in knowledge-expert forums and chat groups to introduce issues and use member-forum-expertise to obtain solutions from others.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor's Degree is preferred but is not required. Must have at least 3 years student information system experience, and 1 year of experience with systems administration and systems management (software applications, hardware, and online)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have and maintain an active Utah Driver’s License. Must complete Utah Risk Management Defensive Driver training every two years. (Utah Code R31-1). Must complete and comply with other annual / bi-annual training: Student Data Privacy, Child Abuse Prevention, Sexual Harassment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk, use fingers and hands to handle, reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Title: Student Information System (SIS) Support Technician
Department: Technology and Media
Reports To: Data Manager
The Student Information System (SIS) Support Technician is primarily responsible for managing the computerized student administration system. The Technician supports a variety of software packages, provides instruction and advice to system users, and coordinates usage among all system users, including assessment, transportation, food services, and state reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include the following. Regular attendance and timeliness is an essential job function to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position. While this job description attempts to outline all essential duties of the position, the description is not a contract and the job functions are subject to change at the organization’s discretion. Other duties may be assigned.
· Maintains the current student information system (test and production environments) and recommends improvements in processes and workflow.
· Performs compatibility assessments of new software releases in test environment before deployment to production. Plans, implements, and trains users on new software releases and retrains users regarding issues discovered from audits.
· Manages system users and security access.
· Coordinates user meetings for software support and trainings.
· Implements and manages an SIS user group within the district by coordinating meetings and maintaining virtual knowledgebase and appropriate system documentation on procedures and configurations.
· Assists parents, staff, and students with various data systems used by the district. Verifies emails are being sent from the SIS.
· Evaluates SIS data for compatibility and accuracy, assists in regular cleanup of the student databases. Prepares system for new school-year startup.
· Coordinates and monitors the integration of SIS data with transportation and other information systems. Validates and maintains all transferred data.
· Imports test scores and yearly orders for ACT and other tests.
· Communicates with staff and facilitates student information upload for online testing.
· Verifies student information for testing and state reporting. Troubleshoots and resolves data conflicts with state information.
· Assists district Business Administrator with data for state pupil membership audits by conducting preliminary data checks, creating lists of data for auditor, sending state reports to auditors, and troubleshooting and resolving issues.
· Prepares and distributes reports. Monitors nightly reports and troubleshoots components & issues. Acts as uTREX Data Gateway Manager of accounts and reports (state system).
· Assists with various report setups, backups, and maintenance. Finalizes October, December, and July reporting for Iron County School District and Success Academy. Communicates and coordinates with various local and state agencies.
· Attends state data trainings and meetings
· Willingness to travel when necessary (occasionally to Salt Lake City, other locations in Utah, or Las Vegas, for annual /semi-annual training and conferences; rarely outside these areas).
This job has no personnel supervisory responsibilities.
|Anticipated Start Date is May 1, 2019.
Apply online at irondistrict.org under the Employment/Job Seekers link.
ALL JOBS CLOSE AT 3 PM MST ON THE DATE OF CLOSING.